Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trip to the ER

My little wild man always keeps me on my toes......During Brooks' football practice, Barrett and I were sitting on the sidelines cheering on bubba and playing. I had chased Barrett off the field several times because he wanted to play with the big boys. I finally got him to stay over by me for a little bit..... I was watching Brooks with my back to Barrett and I hear him fall and start crying. I looked back at Barrett and he had his hand over his forehead, I looked under his hand and it was not pretty. I did not panic but my heart sure started beating fast. We left in a hurry(Barrett and I) and left Brooks behind. He did good in the car ride and had Nemo on dvd to keep him entertained. I took Barrett to King's Park urgent care clinic because it was a little before 7:00 and everything else was closed but the ER and I did not want to go there. We got to King's Park and went in front of all the others sitting in a packed waiting room because he had blood all over his face and I had it all over me. They looked at him and told me I needed to take him to the children's ER because it was a head injury. We drove straight down Quaker to the Children's hospital and went to the ER. We were called back immediately and the nurse got him cleaned up and bandaged and sent us out to look at the fish while we waited for the doctor.
We looked at the fish for about 2 minutes and were called back to a room to see the doctor. Jaqueline, the sweetest nurse, came in and cleaned him up a little bit more and the doctor came in to take a look. He gave me the option of Durabond glue or stitches, that was a no brainer and such a relief for this momma.... I did not know how I was going to hold him down by myself for them to stitch him up. It was all over in about 3 minutes and he did great.... not a peep. The sweet nurse brought him a cute, Dr. Seuss "birdy" for being such a trooper.
After leaving the ER we made a stop a Sonic to get a "cheese" for my sweet boy and to pick up Brooks. Brooks had been so worried about Barrett and was glad that he was going to be ok. Brooks was the sweetest big brother. When we got home I told Brooks that we had to play easy and we could not play tag or jump on the trampoline or run around because we did not want Barrett to bust his cut open again. For the rest of the night, Brooks worried him self sick making sure that Barrett was not doing something he should not be doing... "Barrett don't, momma Barrett is dancing, Barrett is running, Barrett is....." At one point Barrett had pulled a chair up to the bar and was standing on it... Brooks burst into tears and was yelling for me to come get Barrett..... what a sweet big brother. We survived the night (and momma got to do it all by herself because Brandon had two football games to coach) and are so glad our bear bear is ok. He got to sleep right by momma all night and was ready to go this morning!

1 comment:

Caitlin Riley said...

Sweet Bear Bear you are so tough! We love you so much!