My Pawpaw is a farmer,
His heart is in the soil
It's there he finds his solace,
Among the grimy toil.
He plants the seed in springtime,
The corn, the beans, the hay,
He prays that God would bless it,
A harvest, Lord, I pray.
He tills and cultivates it,
Provides the most tender care,
Believes that come October,
He'll reap a harvest fair.
Blue skies are his cathedral,
A tractor, his altar of prayer,
God meets him in the cornfields,
They have communion there.
My Pawpaw is a farmer-
That's all he'll ever be.
The values that the land taught him,
He handed down to me.
I love my farmer Pawpaw-
I'm thankful that he's mine...
I pray that God would bless him,
Today and for all time.
I want to be just like my Farmer Pawpaw....
The fruit of his labor..... their is nothing better than Pawpaw's corn.... a little bit of heaven on earth




1 comment:
no words.. just a happy heart!
Post a Comment